The Dayton Society of Artists (DSA) is pleased to present our annual spring juried show, Person Place Thing. Artwork should reflect the subject of person, place, or thing. The call for art is open to any artist 18 years or older living in the United States. All art in any medium, style, and technique will be considered. Art must be original. The juror is Stefan Chinov and $600 will be given in prizes.
Submit online by March 10th
Entries Due: March 10th by midnight
Emailed Juried Results By: Mon. March 18th
Art Drop off: Sun. March 24th, 11-4pm and Mon. March 25th, 3-8pm
Exhibition Runs: Fri. April 5th - Sat. May 18th
Art Pick up: Sun. May 19th, 11-4 pm and Mon. May 20th 3-8 pm
The DSA is a non-profit member-based organization. It was founded in 1938 and acquired a Victorian house in the 1960s which was then converted into a gallery. The DSA’s mission is to “connect, support, and educate artists and the community.” The DSA hosts various workshops and events throughout the year to fulfill its mission as well as hosts a variety of exhibitions. For more information, visit daytondsa.org
ABOUT THE JUROR
Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, Stefan Chinov holds an MA from the National Academy of the Arts in Sofia and an MFA from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX. His work has been shown across the United States and internationally, including the Sculpture Center in Cleveland, OH, Tigre Museum of Art in Argentina, and Sofia University Gallery. He has completed residency fellowships and projects in the United States, Antarctica, Turkey, Israel, and Spain. Currently he teaches sculpture and drawing at Wright State University in Dayton, OH.
Image: Untitled Head, Stefan Chinov
- Non-members - $15 each piece for up to three pieces.
- Members - $12 each piece for up to three pieces. Coupon code required, please email email@example.com.
- Pay online by card when you submit your work.
- Artwork must be no larger than 48”x48”x48”
- Artwork must be professionally presented, framing is encouraged, but not required. 2D work must be ready to hang with wiring on back. DSA is open to other installation methods, but they must be pre-approved.
- 3D artwork must fit on a pedestal that has a footprint of 24 x 24 inches (or smaller) or sit on the floor.
- Artwork must have been created in the past 3 years.
- Artwork must be labelled with artist name, title, and e-mail.
- Artwork must not have been exhibited before at the DSA or virtually through the DSA.
- Artwork may not be picked up before the close of the show.
- Accepted work that differs significantly from submitted image or suffers from poor presentation will be disqualified.
ART DELIVERY / RETURN
- Artists maintain responsibility for insuring fine artwork during shipment and/or travel (including U.S. mail delivery) to the DSA. The DSA will acknowledge receipt of work when physically received by appropriate DSA personnel.
- All work selected for the exhibition must arrive ready to install. Works not gallery-ready, or not exhibiting good craftsmanship, may be omitted from the exhibit. Accepted work that differs significantly from the submitted images, or suffers from poor presentation, will be disqualified. Works must be hand delivered or shipped. Exhibited work will remain on display for the duration of the exhibition. Works not claimed within 30 days of the end of the exhibit will become the property of the DSA.
- Shipped Works: Shipped works must be sent in reusable packaging. Artists are responsible for return shipping costs and should include a return label with the shipped artwork or emailed to the director by the close of the show. Works will be returned in the same manner as received by FEDEX/UPS/USPS. Artwork must be received before Sun. March 24th and will be shipped out the week of May 19th.
- In-Person Delivery: Works will be returned in the same manner as received.
LIABILITY & SALES
- The DSA has fine art insurance for work physically inside the gallery. Artists maintain responsibility of insuring work during shipment and travel. Damage caused by the failure of the work itself is not covered. If work has an insurance price of over $500, then any insurance claim must be accompanied by documentation of past sales and/or a professional 3rd party appraisal.
- Please note: DSA does not have constant climate control in its galleries.
- DSA takes NO COMMISSION on sales but donations are welcome. Please price work accordingly or as -Not for Sale-. Do not include shipping in the price of the piece. After sales are completed, the artist will be responsible for coordinating with purchaser to deliver/ship work. Artists may use the High Street Gallery as a meeting point. Donations are always appreciated and help support future programming.
AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
Submitting indicates that you agree with the conditions of entry and exhibit as outlined in these guidelines, and that you agree to make your work available and will ship/deliver it to the gallery should it be selected for exhibit. The DSA may use submitted images and artwork in print and/or digital marketing materials.